How to start a juicing business
A juicing business is not expensive when in the beginning. The following are the steps to be a business owner:
Step one: Setup the Business. Just like any other business, the juice bar needs a name. Once you have settled on the name of juicing bar you need to register the business with the government to get the business license. And you can buy a cold press juicer for a start. The rest is to consider the packaging, glass bottles or glass containers.
Step two: Design the Menu. Designing the menu is a very easy step based on the nutrition basis. You can also visit other juicy website to find juicing menu for your reference.
First, know that there are 5 main categories of ingredients that make up your Juicing Menu:
- Sweet Fruits e.g Orange, Apple, Pineapple
- Acidic e.g Lime or Lemon.
- Spices e.g Tumeric, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper
- Root Vegetables e.g Cucumber, Carrots, Beetroot
- Greens e.g Spinach, Celery, Kelp.
Here are some suggested combinations to get started with:
- Sweet Fruits + Spices: Any fruit from the sweet fruit category goes very well with any of the spices and can together form a menu item.
- Sweet Fruits + Spices + Root Vegetables: Any fruit which classifies as a sweet fruit goes very well with any of the spices. You can also add an ingredient from the Root Vegetable category for a healthier option.
- Root Vegetables + Sweet Fruits + Greens + Acidic: Any fruit which classifies as a sweet fruit goes very well with the addition of a member of the root vegetable category, some green and an acidic like lime or lemon to give it a kick can form a menu item. You can combine Greens and Root Vegetables to come up with a rich menu. Adding a fruit from the Sweet Fruit category would act as a sweetener and adding lime or lemon from the acidic category would give a nice kick to the recipe.
These are just some ideas on how to get started with your menu. Be sure to go ahead and try experimenting with your fruit and other ingredient combinations and see what you can come up with. There are no limits to how creative you can be with your recipes.
Step 3: Get your Pricing Right.
It is very important to get the unit economics for your business right from the beginning. There is a formula of product price. You can calculate the unit real cost of production plus the profit margin. A healthy margin is from 50% depending on other costs you may incur. You need to add up to a price point without assumptions and includes every ingredient.
Step 4: Make your Products Look Good!
It is very important that your product packaging is of good quality. People are first attracted by the appearance of the packages. So, when your customers see that your product is packaged right, they are more likely to make a purchase, and if it tastes good, they will return to your business. You can use social media page to promote the products and put in the effort in looking good after so many efforts have been done to make your products taste good.
You have got yourself a juicer but now you need to know what the best bottle for juicing is. Having a set of bottles to store your juice easily and safely is the way to go. Glass beverage bottles are some of the best glass storage containers for juice. When sealed, those bottles are airtight, so you know that juice will stay fresher and last longer. They are also made from lead-free glass, so they are safe for contact with food, and they are dishwasher safe.
Top 6 Best Glass Bottles for Juicing
Water glass bottle 500ml easy take away with stainless steel caps is a good choice.
French square glass bottle 8oz, 10oz, 12oz, 16oz and 32oz
Boston round glass bottle with metal caps
Flat glass bottle with metal caps
Round glass bottle with metal lid or tamper evident plastic caps
Mason glass jars 16oz
Mason glass jar has a wide mouth, which is not only suitable for containing juice, but also suitable for containing smoothies. The meal lid is leak proof. Glass bottle with wide mouth is also easy to be cleaned. There is another mason jar 16oz with handle, which is easier to hold.